BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, March 19, 2010

Is It Really My Fault?


Some things I will never understand. Some, i'm not meant to understand. Some, i am meant to understand, but are so far beyond me i don't even try. One thing that i am really trying to wrap my head around is the importance of sex in our culture.

Yeah, you heard me. I said the s-e-x word. I said sex. As in sexual intercourse. Would you like me to be a little more graphic? No? Oh wait, society has already ripped the significance and sanctity of the act to shreds.

But what i cannot wrap my head around is why it dominates every SINGLE part of our life, culture, and society, even if it isn't on purpose. At the risk of being inappropriate, A goes in B, thereby producing C (the elusive and god-forsaken orgasm). What is so special about this? Why does it seem to be the ULTIMATE forbidden fruit? The thing we as Christians think we miss out on so badly in a moral and Godly relationship. Other primitive urges we seem able to handle: anger, hatred, envy, greed. Major problems arise from these other urges, it's true. But lust seems to be the crux of life. Why? What monster have we created for ourselves? This lust driven world we live in is so ridiculous: i am unable to live an hour in this world without being blasted at some point or another by some form of sexual innuendo, crude comment, or self-focused sexual urge.

Yeah, you heard me. I mentioned that I have sexual urges. I'm not gonna lie. Probably more than i should have, for a girl of my age. These urges have been a major point of the undoing of my spiritual relationship with God. I thought i was on the right track; how could something as meaningless and trivial as a sexual urge bring me down? But, in my defense, I grew up in this world. I am the one who has to walk around looking at what society tells me is attractive, sexy, hot, fulfilling, satisfying, and needed. What else am i supposed to think?

0 comments: